Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome to my place in the blogosphere!
feel free to explore the Flight Deck and check out my books and website.
Then fasten your seatbelts, sip a glass of something sparkling and let's chat awhile!
I hope you'll stop by again for guest authors and spotlights from time to time.

Beloved Enemy joined Starquest and Children of the Mist to continue the Destiny Trilogy and I'm thrilled to announce was shortlisted for the R.N.A. RoNA Awards 2017, awarded 2nd Runner up in the RONE Awards 2017 and was the winner in the SF/Fantasy category of the 'Best Banter Contest'.

Saturday 26 May 2018

Weekend Writing Warriors #SundaySnippet - 'Dancing With Fate' - the feeling he was not alone still troubled him

Hi fellow  Snippeteers and readers.  Welcome to  my Weekend Warriors post. After all the excitement of last week's Royal Wedding  I'm continuing this week with another snippet from my fantasy novella, Dancing With Fate. Thank you to everyone who's been following my snippets so far. Don't forget to visit the other authors at the link above and also below this post, there's something for all tastes.

Last time: Terpsichore, muse of dance, has been given a new mission by Apollo, to restore joy and the love of dancing to the Celts of 5th Century Wales.

Myrddyn  has just prepared his evening meal and left it to finish cooking. He unsaddles his horse and lets him roam free to graze, but can't help feeling there is someone else nearby.
 (Some creative punctuation from published version,  several full stops were annihilated to comply with 10  sentence rule.)

SNIPPET

The feeling he was not alone still troubled him, while his supper cooked, it would not do any harm to take a look around. He followed the stream that flowed through the little clearing. The area was new to him and he proceeded with some caution. Myrddin loved and respected all the creatures of the forests and mountains; he knew their ways and feared none of them. Likewise, no terrain, however difficult, caused him concern. Nothing in nature held any fears for him; people posed far more danger. There was someone close, a stranger, what were they doing here in the wilderness? Perhaps one of Madog's men lay in wait.

He had not walked far when he heard the sound of rushing water and rounding the rocky promontory, he came upon a vast wall of water spilling down the cliff, feeding a deep pool of sparkling water below.

It was not that, however, which made him stop and stare in amazement. 

What is it that has him so in awe?  You'll have to wait a week or two to find out because next week we're returning to Terpsichore's p.o.v. :) 


BLURB
(Cover by Miss Mae)
When Terpsichore, the Muse of Dance, is assigned to revisit the land of Wales, her task seems simple enough. She is unaware there is a hidden agenda. Before she can return to Olympus her path crosses that of the mysterious Myrddin, and her heart is lost. But Myrddin is promised to another. His mind is set on the dangerous task that lies before him, and the woman he has sworn to save. Nevertheless, he cannot deny the growing attraction between him and the beautiful stranger he meets along the way. 


 Terpsichore and Myrddin face a deadly force that threatens to part them forever. Is she destined to lose the only man she has ever truly loved? Is there nothing she can do to save him? Finally, when all seems lost, in desperation she finds herself DANCING WITH FATE. 


Don't forget to visit the talented authors who are also taking part in 'Sunday Snippets'



For insider news and subscriber-only info, subscribe to my occasional Newsletter. I promise not to spam and your in-box will only see an email from me every 3 or 4 months or so - unless of course I have something really Newsworthy to share! I also promise that I never have and never willl share your information or email address with anyone or any organisation.

 http://madmimi.com/signups/196357/join

27 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I'm guessing it's female. :-) Lovely descriptions, Hywela!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A female for sure. Interesting snippet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, you might be right - or perhpas not :)
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Oh, you left me curious as to what or whom he spotted. Intriguing snippet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica - I'm glad I piqued your curiosity:)

      Delete
  4. Beautifully written, Hywela. A pleasure to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Charmaine - as always yur support is so appreciated!

      Delete
  5. I was drawn into the snippet. I imagine he's spotted a female, although in that magical setting I could also envision a unicorn or similar. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elyzabeth - I'm afraid I'm going to keep you 'hanging' for a week or two, but you will find out eventually! :)

      Delete
  6. Good point he makes, that people are usually the danger. Of course now I'm speculating what he's seeing LOL. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, animals are often less dangerous! Thanks Veronica.

      Delete
  7. I bet it's a pretty, curvy lady! that usually snares the male gaze haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right there, Amy, I'm saying nothing! :)

      Delete
  8. Wonderful descriptions (I adore him!) leading to quite the cliffhanger. Or is that his jaw hanging?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like him Nancy, I have a soft spot for him too. LOL, I think his draw certainly dropped!

      Delete
  9. Love his connection to his surroundings. If the pool looks anything like the one in the picture, my jaw would drop too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina, it's a lovely picture isn't it - and its a real Welsh waterfall not too far from where I used to live.

      Delete
  10. Ohh what/who is it? I'm hoping it's the leading lady or maybe a pretty mermaid (I'm a sucker for a mermaid). Can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, you'll just have to wait a week or two (wicked cackle) glad you're enjoying it!

      Delete
  11. Lovely descriptions ... and i'm intrigued to find out who he's staring at.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to know what had him stop in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Karen - you're not alone! :) All will be revealed (in more ways than one) in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great description, Lyn. Like the others, I expect the surprise to be female.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for commenting - I LOVE comments and value each and every one.
(Apart from spammers of course, who WILL be moderated, reported and deleted .)