Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome to my place in the blogosphere!
feel free to explore the Flight Deck and check out my books and website.
Then fasten your seatbelts, sip a glass of something sparkling and let's chat awhile!
I hope you'll stop by again for guest authors and spotlights from time to time.

Beloved Enemy joined Starquest and Children of the Mist to continue the Destiny Trilogy and I'm thrilled to announce was shortlisted for the R.N.A. RoNA Awards 2017, awarded 2nd Runner up in the RONE Awards 2017 and was the winner in the SF/Fantasy category of the 'Best Banter Contest'.

Saturday 14 July 2018

#Sunday Snippets, #Weekend Warriors, 'Dancing With Fate' -Terpsichore stared at the stranger

Hello fellow  Snippeteers and readers.  Welcome to  my Weekend Warriors post. I'm continuing this week with another snippet from my fantasy novella, Dancing With Fate. Thank you to everyone who's been following my snippets so far. 

I apologise for not visiting as many of my fellow Weekend Warriors as I should have last week - somehow the time just got away from me and the week disappeared!  I'll try to do better this weekend.


Don't forget to visit the other authors at the link above, there's something for all tastes.

Last time:
Terpsichore, muse of dance, is dancing near a waterfall in 5th century Wales, unaware that she is being observed. I've skipped a few paragraphs, and Terpichore finds Myrddin rather more interesting than most mortal men.(Read last week's snippet HERE)


SNIPPET (as usual, a little manipulation of punctuation to fit regulations.)

Very tall, and slender, he had strength about him, the man reminded her of a tree that would bend in a storm but not break. That was not all, his aura told her he was, indeed, no ordinary man. Never had she seen a mortal man so striking. He might not be as devastatingly handsome as some, perhaps, but beautiful none the less. His face was, oh, so pleasing to look upon, despite the unusual paleness of his skin. Not an unhealthy palor, but not tanned as one might expect, although it went well with his blond hair. There was unique character there, something that set him apart from his fellow men and went deeper than looks. She wanted to gaze at him forever.

She would have touched his mind with her own but at that moment, he spoke; the rich timbre of his voice sending shivers through her soul.
BLURB
DANCING WITH FATE
When Terpsichore, the Muse of Dance, is assigned to revisit the land of Wales, her task seems simple enough. She is unaware there is a hidden agenda. Before she can return to Olympus her path crosses that of the mysterious Myrddin, and her heart is lost. But Myrddin is promised to another. His mind is set on the dangerous task that lies before him, and the woman he has sworn to save. Nevertheless, he cannot deny the growing attraction between him and the beautiful stranger he meets along the way. 

 Terpsichore and Myrddin face a deadly force that threatens to part them forever. Is she destined to lose the only man she has ever truly loved? Is there nothing she can do to save him? Finally, when all seems lost, in desperation she finds herself DANCING WITH FATE. 


From one minute past midnight Pacific time on July 1 until After 11:59pm Pacific time on July 31 DANCING WITH FATE will be on sale for ONLY 99c  so if you have been enjoying the snippets and would like to read the whole novella at the bargain price of 99c go to:
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/53249 You will see the full price but will be only be charged 99c at the checkout. (You do need to register but it's fairly painless and doesn't cost you anything!)  Please note, This offer isn't available at Amazon, or any other retailer, it's a Smashwords special promotion.















For insider news and subscriber-only info, subscribe to my occasional Newsletter. I promise not to spam and your in-box will only see an email from me every 3 or 4 months or so - unless of course I have something really Newsworthy to share! I also promise that I never have and never willl share your information or email address with anyone or any organisation.  http://madmimi.com/signups/196357/join

32 comments:

  1. Nice description! I wonder what he'll say after getting caught spying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica -I think he'd better think carefully before he speaks!

      Delete
  2. Mmmmm...a special man, indeed. Nice description!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa, he is, indeed very special!

      Delete
  3. She's certainly interested in him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a detailed description I can see him clearly--and see why she's mesmerized by him. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna - yes, Terpsichora is certainly captivated by him - and it takes a lot to impress a goddess, surrounded as she is in n her home environment by Fantastically handsome male gods!

      Delete
  5. Good snippet, Hywela. She's definitely intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He sounds alluring, I can she how he caught her eye. Great snippet! Love the cliff hanger, now I must wait another week before the beautuful man speaks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the imagery of him. I'm intrigued too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, I'm glad you're intrigued! :)

      Delete
  8. Beautiful descriptions! Hoping you continue on next week, curious as to what he is going to say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Siren - yes there'll be a few more excerpts - and of course the whole novella is on special offer of only 99p at Smashwords for the rest of the month! :)

      Delete
  9. So of course now I'm wildly curious about Myrrdin, as he does seem very different in various ways. Excellent excerpt, drew me right in, full of surprises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's very special - and different in a way even Terpsichore hasn't perceived yet, and he's destined for a very special role in connection with another legendary figure!

      Delete
  10. I can't wait to find out what he said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'd choose his words carefully, I think!

      Delete
  11. Thus ends all similarity to the Greek myth of the goddess Diana and the accursed hunter, Actaeon, who died for spying on the bathing goddess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - I had you fooled there for a moment though, didn't I! :)

      Delete
  12. Love the description, especially of his voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Paula, I must admit the timbre of a man's voice can really make my toes tingle! :)

      Delete
  13. Splendid description as always. How might I get in touch with this magnificent hunk? Thanks, Hywela.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Charmaine - LOL if I told you that I'd have to kill you! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Daaaaamn, I wanna gaze at him forever! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Amy, that makes two of you! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  16. You can really feel her connection to him by the way she describes him!

    ReplyDelete
  17. He certainly seems nice to look at - is his personality just as desirable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks E.D. -yes he's very gentle and kind - not to mention wise and very gifted!

      Delete
  18. Love the description of him. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane, he's one of my favourite characters!

      Delete

Thank you SO much for commenting - I LOVE comments and value each and every one.
(Apart from spammers of course, who WILL be moderated, reported and deleted .)